ReVitalize St. Louis came to Bauerhaus Design, Inc. for website design and development for their non-profit. Their mission is to:
Promote revitalization in the city of St. Louis through education,
support of progressive civic projects, and strengthening communities.
Owner, Rebecca Ritz, a website designer, spearheaded the design portion of the new website design. She presented three different website designs as jpegs to ReVitalize St. Louis. All designs showed off their unique focus and integrated their 4 different programs: Rehabbers Club, Big Big House Tour, Metropolis Wine Club and the Downtown Walking Tour. They ultimately chose the below design, because they loved the colors that matched their logo and highlighted the 4 different programs, plus set it up so it automatically integrates a list of upcoming events and social media feeds:
Here is a breakdown of the key features of the new website:
- Defined goals: ReVitalize St. Louis needed a website that easily showed their upcoming events, highlighted their social media feeds and most importantly integrated their 4 different programs into one.
- Call to Action: Every website needs to take the customer in mind. What do they want? Revitalize shows their upcoming events on the home page, plus an easy to find email sign up form and custom social media buttons in the header and footer.
- Contractor’s List: We took a document that listed all of the Rehabber’s recommended Contractor and converted to a searchable list.
- Rehabber’s Club Forum: They wanted to get rid of their Yahoo list serve and have a forum on their website. See it in action here.
- Merchandise: We set up a page for merchandise with Paypal as the payment gateway.
- Membership: ReVitalize relies heavily on membership for their budget each year. We created a Membership form that linked with Paypal for payment.
- Redirected domains: This is where the un-glamorous part of combining websites gets funky. Each of the 4 programs had domains registered with different companies, so we transferred them all to GoDaddy for the client. This way it is easier for the client to renew their domains every year.
- Redesign: All designs presented complimented the existing ReVitalize logo with color, fonts and custom artwork.
- It’s responsive: No matter what device you use – smartphone, tablet or desktop – to view the website, the website will adjust to the size of your browser. No more pinching and zooming to try and figure out what that tiny text says.
- Easy to update website: The website is built in the Content Management System (CMS), WordPress, which is can be updated without hiring a web developer every time you want to change a word.
- Documentation: Each website Bauerhaus Design completes we provide a PDF or Word document with instructions and screenshots on how to make updates.
- Check out the live site: www.rvstl.org
Plus, you can see in the below screenshot we also implemented two other items:
- Event Calendar: We created a color coded calendar for their 4 different event types. You can see it below and in action here.
- Sticky Navigation: One of the latest trends in web development is to have the navigation bar with your logo, follow you down the page. You can see an example of this here:
Have a large web development project with a lot of moving parts? Reach out to me, owner Rebecca Ritz, at email@example.com and I’ll provide you with a custom estimate.