Why your business should have a Facebook fan pageRebecca Bauer Ritz | Social Media | Sunday October 2 2011
Many times when I am meeting with a small business or startup and we are talking about their business online, I’ll ask if they have a Facebook fan page. Most, do not. They find the process confusing and don’t know where to start. Plus, its just one more thing to do on top of their long to-do list.
Why do you, as a small business or start-up need one? Check out these stats from Facebook:
- Facebook has more than 845 million active users (as of December 2011)
- 50% of active users log on to Facebook in any given day
- Average user spends more than 55 minutes per day on Facebook
Think about this: your clients are not going to log onto your website everyday, but more than half of all users log on to Facebook in any given day. That is over 400 million people you could potentially reach with a daily status message. Plus, a Facebook fan page offers these advantages:
1. Fan pages are visible to even those without a Facebook profile account. If you send a Twitter message or email with a link, anyone can view the page.
2. Fan pages are indexed outside of Facebook. Meaning, if someone does an online search of your company, this is one more link that will come up.
3. Not sure who your target market is? Facebook fan pages can help you figure that out. Each page keeps statistics of who your followers are and who is participating. It will tell you if they are male or female, their age range, where they are located and what language they speak.
4. With a regular Facebook profile you are limited to 5,000 friends. With a Facebook Fan Page the number of fans is unlimited. This might not be a huge thing if you are just starting out, but always plan for your growth.
5. You can further establish your brand. People do business with people they trust. Social media is all about building the trust over time and Facbook is a great way to do that.
Do you have a Facebook fan page? Has it helped your business?
Now that you have discovered why your small business or start-up should have a fan page, move onto my next article – How to create a Facebook Fan page.
Comments5 Responses to “Why your business should have a Facebook fan page”
Speak Your Mind
Tell us what you're thinking...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!