Recently, Rung Boutique in St. Louis got a makeover! Along with that makeover, we also re-designed their website to have a fresh new look and be responsive, so it auto-adjusts across all platforms – smartphones, tablets and desktop computers.
Rung is a high-end, non-profit resale store where people can shop and donate. A little more about Rung:
Our mission is to support and empower women and children in the St. Louis area by providing fashionable attire at affordable prices, as well as professional and personal growth opportunities, in a fun, uplifting boutique atmosphere. A significant portion of our net profits goes to the Women’s Foundation of Greater St. Louis and Nurses for Newborns.
Here is the original WordPress website we created back in 2010:
And here is the re-designed responsive WordPress website:
Here is a breakdown of the key features of the new website:
- Defined goals: Rung needed to better explain who they are and how they are different than other St. Louis boutiques.
- Differentiation: We worked one-on-one with Rung to develop their key differences, which we highlighted in the large image slider.
- Combined content: We combined all content from their existing website with their former Sprung website
- New Sitemap: Part of the combination was also creating a more easy to understand navigation bar and sitemap.
- New Custom WordPress design: We kept the same layout, but updated the logo, color scheme, fonts, header and background design
- New FAQ page: We created a new FAQ page to answer questions about consignment, shipping items to buyers, donating (what sizes are really needed, e.g. older kids’ clothes), men’s clothing not available, athletic wear now available, featured artists (how to become one), personal shopper program, reward program for frequent shoppers, customer appreciation and Mom’s Night Out events, classes, ability to rent out space for meetings, etc.
- It’s responsive: No matter what device you use – smartphone, tablet or desktop – to view the website, the website will adjust to the size of your browser. No more pinching and zooming to try and figure out what that tiny text says.
- Easy to update website: The website is built in the Content Management System (CMS), WordPress, which is super easy to update. There is even a mobile app, where you can type in blog posts from anywhere.
- Check out the live site: www.shoprung.org
Along with the website, we also updated their email newsletter template to match the website design. We matched the color scheme, logo, as well as built it in MailChimp’s drag and drop system, so the client can easily change the template based on content: