How can you help increase visits to wineries in your state?
Create a custom Google map that is mobile friendly and can be used from any mobile phone or desktop.
We worked with Illinois Wine (Illinois Grape Growers & Vintners Alliance) to build a custom Google map to make it easier for people to find Illinois Wineries.
Check out the live Illinois Winery Locator map here.
A few notable statics:
- The interactive Find-A-Winery map saw the most website traffic (31%) of any page
- Plus, when they featured the map in online advertising they saw a 5,855.17% increase in website traffic! Wow!
Custom features included:
- Mobile friendly
- Location by zip code or city
- State outlined in purple
- Designed VIP locator pins for member wineries
- Ability to show member wineries first over non-member wineries
- Various radius options: 10 – 400 miles
- Sidebar call out for member wineries
Once you enter your location the map zooms in to the area in the mile radius you specify:
Next, if you click on a map marker or a winery in the sidebar, a box shows up with winery information and a “get directions” link.