The past couple of months I had the pleasure of working with Zion Lutheran Church in Belleville, IL on several projects. The first and most major undertaking was creating a 150th anniversary logo for the church and school.
1. Incorporate the following words: Zion Lutheran 150th Anniversary
2. The logo needs to be applicable to both church and school.
3. Incorporate bible verse “like Living Stones, built into a Spiritual House. 1 Peter 2: 5-6”
4. To be used on banners, bulletins, t-shirts, ornaments and ads.
5. Needs to work both as an anniversary logo and as a logo they can use after the anniversary year.
6. Work with the current Sans Serif typeface on the existing website www.zionbelleville.org
In my research of Zion’s past logo’s and promotional materials, I discovered that in their 15o years there has never been a logo or even a chosen typeface. They have, however, used the church bell tower both as a directional marker and as an identifier of Zion since the current building was built in 1964.
Below are the two logo’s that I proposed to the 150th Anniversary Committee at Zion Lutheran:
Through a series of voting, the overwhelming winner was Option #1: