Is your winery overlooking an influential and profitable audience?
Previously we explored Marketing Wine to Generation X and Marketing Wine to Moms on Social Media. In case you missed it, Gen X is “the second largest consumer of fine wine in the U.S. today and is the largest growth opportunity for most wineries.” (Source: 2016 SVB Wine Report)
Given their higher incomes and stage of life, it’s not surprising that popular purchases for Gen Xers include fine wines. It’s also worth noting that Xers boast the highest rate of consumer brand loyalty at 70%. (Source: eMarketer)
And “wine moms” are a real thing. *raises hand* There’s a large and influential online community that has bonded over sharing the highs and lows of parenting. Some moms joke that wine is a requirement to survive those demanding early parenting years. (They’re not really joking.)
Here are 7 tips to help you connect with Gen X moms and motivate them to buy your wine:
- Moms tend to stick with brands they like so make sure you have an unforgettable wine brand. These women are more likely to be loyal consumers, become brand ambassadors, and tell all their friends!
- Moms listen to other moms. They are vocal about their opinions and seek out the opinions of others. Check out your online reviews, see what customers are saying about your winery, and respond to them. Share positive reviews on your social media sites, in your newsletters, and on your website. Make sure your winery’s correct address, phone number, and website are listed in popular online business directories so they can find you.
- Moms are social. 81% of moms use Facebook, 40% use Pinterest, 30% use Instagram, and 19% use Twitter. 60% of moms check Facebook multiple times each day. (Source: Pew Research Center) Invest in your winery’s social media presence, which means posting consistently, responding promptly to messages and comments, and interacting with your fans/followers. Also, ensure that your content adds value and isn’t overly promotional. It’s better to do one channel well than three poorly!
- Moms are mobile. They’re always on the go and spend an average of 2.3 hours per day on mobile devices. (Source: MediaPost) Make sure your website is responsive and easy to use from a smart phone or tablet. Information about your winery should be readily available on your site; make it easy for moms researching their winery options to make a decision.
- Moms shop online. In fact, they make 90% of their purchases online so your website has to be functional and easy to use. (Source: MediaPost) A very visual audience, you can capture their attention with videos. Think about your customers and how you can answer a question, solve a problem, or entertain them. Plus, make sure they can order your wine online.
- Moms read their email. They’re busy trying to balance their lives. They like to save time and money, and they appreciate coupons. Personalize your email newsletter with a special promotion just for mom. Invite her and some friends to the winery to relax!
- Moms like to be appreciated. Develop a rewards or referral program with benefits they care about and they’ll buy your wine again and again!
Want to create a wine brand that targets Moms?
We provide full branding services including identity design, packaging and support collateral. We also offer a host of marketing services to help your winery fill the gaps from strategic marketing plans to social media management! For a free estimate customized for your needs, please contact us.